Candidates must have proven construction estimating experience with exceptional organizational skills; must be proficient on Microsoft office applications; requires a strong sense of customer service, possessing a “yes we can” attitude toward all contacts. We are looking for a professional individual who is creative, energetic and motivated.
Pay Range: Depending on Experience.
- Maximum emphasis must be placed on the development of operational, technical and support teams and personnel so that the company can successfully compete in the architectural metal’s marketplace.
- Clarify as necessary for the Project Manager assigned to the awarded bid the Project budgets based on estimate bid spreadsheets.
- Manage multiple bid projects at one time and be able to multi-task in a potentially high stress and time sensitive environment.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with employees, management, and outside agencies.
- Correspond with and quote customers as it relates to their project and document project objectives.
- Build working relationships with vendors to determine costs related to raw materials and purchased services.
- Participate in learning and incorporating Bluebeam software as part of our estimating protocol.
- Be a strong team player, able to work with minimal supervision with above average problem-solving skills.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be added from time to time.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this position, the responsibilities may change.
- High School diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years of construction estimating experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Above average computer skills helpful with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required.
- Able to interpret bidding process and all bid documents associated with the assigned project.
- Excellent drawing and blueprint reading skills with an emphasis on Architectural, Interiors, & Structural drawing packages.
- Practical knowledge of commercial construction methods and application of principles.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain vendor relationships.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. The responsibilities of this position may change. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee to be a positive influence on the transformation of the company and its associated line of business.